Friday, March 12, 2010

Lymphedema.....

So all was set for Jason to go to New Orleans with Adrian this weekend, well once again best laid plans. This morning J woke up with both feet, ankles, and legs swollen. We took him to Memorial Hermann, they did an ultra sound, chest x-ray, and blood work. Every thing came back negative. The Er doc diagnosed him with Lymphedema which is basically retaining fluid in a extremity. I called Dr. Tannir's office but apparently everyone thought it a grand day to not be there. So I emailed when we got home and I will call again on Monday to get a follow up appointment. He is now wearing those lovely white stockings and elevating his feet. This was not how this weekend was suppose to go. We are both just tired of this. Oh well we will keep on trudging through. I have been following the blog of the parents of Layla Grace. Unfortunately this little one went to heaven on Tuesday after a valiant fight with Neuroblastoma. I guess Jason's legs retaining fluid is not much compared to that. Tomorrow Ronan and I will join with families around the world to participate in a balloon release to celebrate the life of an angel on Earth. All being said I will hug Jason and Ronan both a little longer tonight. Give thanks for what you have.

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment