Thursday, October 23, 2014

Best Anniversary Present Ever!

Jason had scan yesterday. I was going to go down there with him, but as usual, life had other plans. Ronan got sick Tuesday night, by 1am I had had enough and took him to the ER. Well Roo manage to keep throwing up through two rounds of Zofran and finally ended up with and IV Zofran and fluids. Six hours later we left and dropped Roo at my parents house for Jason and I to get some rest as we had both been up over 24 hours at that point. Long story short, Ronan wanted me to stay with him and Jason went down to MDAnderson alone. Side note: Ronan is on the mend, he is not 100% yet but getting there, now just hoping we don't get it. Jason called me this afternoon with what could be the best anniversary present ever (our 8 year anniversary is the 28th of this month). Dr. Nieto told him that after the appointment he is discharged from the Stem Cell Department. That, wait for it..., he considers Jason CURED from the testicular cancer! He will still have follow ups with Dr.Tannir and is under surveillance from the leiomyosarcoma, but from his view point their is no worry of recurrence. Oh, and even more the avascular necrosis (dead bone) in his hips is improving! There are not enough exclamation points in the world for this!! On the phone with Jason when he was relaying this news I could hear the fact that he was dumbfounded. I felt the same way. We have been dealing with this cancer in some form since 2008, Ronan's entire life, I cannot describe the myriad of emotions that are running through me, most I cant even put a name on. This is amazing, it is a day that I never really thought about, I never thought about what I would be feeling when we wouldn't have this cloud hanging over us, threatening torrential down pour every 2,3,6 months. Gracie,(my oldest sister)said something along the lines of every chapter has an ending. No matter how excited we are over this news, it is surreal. That chapter has been open for so long it's like I don't know how to close it, or better yet, I don't quite believe that they are telling me I can. I am looking forward to Jason coming home I wanted to reach through the phone and hug him. If it is this amazing to me, I want to see the wonder and relief on his face. Jason's Journey is not ending, but maybe, just maybe, the heroes get to take a well earned break before the next epic adventure. Love to you all~ Prayers always welcomed...Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment