Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home is on the horizon..albiet far far away......

Alright, they did an ultrasound on Jason's legs and it came back clear so no clots are still lingering there. Like I said before they are sending him home on the Lovenox shots for I don't know how long the pulmonary doctor said "a while." Jason and I attended the class on taking care of the Picc line. Its tedious but relatively easy. However they require you to attend the class TWICE wohoo just in case you didnt get it the first time. I would have thought my 7 pages of notes on a 30 minute class meant I was paying attention...aparrently not. In about an hour I have a return demonstration meaning I have to show a nurse from the infusion team that I can change the bandage. I think I got it in the bag. They said allow 30-45 minutes for this demonstration I dont really know what about changing a bandage is going to take that long but Ill let you know. Jason is no longer having breathing treatments and he has not been on O2 for 3 days so that probably means we wont have to have it at home. I finally got him out of bed and down to Kim's Place(the hang out for 30year olds and younger). We played video games, fixed and tuned their guitar, played a game of pool ( he still kicked my butt), and talked to the volunteer. The volunteer gave us a stuffed animal and a book to take to Ronan. They get alot of donations but they cant give the children on the ward stuffed animals. It was very sweet. She said we were a neat couple, the compliment meant alot to us. We have gone through more in our 3 year marriage than a of people go through in a lifetime. We suppose it could always be worse. Next week is our 3 year anniversary, we havent figured out what to do since we have to stay at home but I'll find something to make it neat. Well I will update when there is more to say. Enough of my babble for now.
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment