Sunday, November 1, 2009

Home Stretch, Here we come.

So alot has happened since our last blog. I know I'm sorry for not updating sooner. Lets see I passed the return demonstration even if our nurse was part nazi. We got home with tons of medicine and bandages and stuff but I have got a system down now. (it involves dry erase boards and a lot of colored markers). He has not had anymore trouble breathing but is crazy tired this go round which is to be expected. We went to for Bleo on Friday and his white cells were great (due to neupogen) but he is a tad anemic and his magenesium was down, so that meant more medicine. Halloween was fun, we went over to Billie and Jason;s (my sister) and had food and took Ronan and Tatum trick or treating. Jason made it to about two houses watching Ronan before he got tired but hey at least he made some. Mimi and Pop passed out candy while Roo and Tate watched the steady stream of older treaters and Jason squared watched the UT OU game. We came back home around 8:30 and J crashed out as did Ronan. We go back into the hospital of hopefully our last ever chemo 1-5 days on Friday if I can get them to correct his schedule. He then has his two Bleos and we should be done the week before Thanksgiving. They will probably restage(go through and do all the scans to see what is left if anything) the week after Thanksgiving. Keep up the prayers we need them in the next coming weeks. Peace out.
Kimmy

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys,
    Glad to see that you seem to be in the home stretch, I know Jason has to be so tired. We can't wait to be able to see you guys but I know he is very tired and how it can be when you’re so tired and people keep popping up. I have talked to Aunt Rhea for updates because I am always afraid to call you guys in case Jason or Ronan are sleeping. This blog was a great idea so we can all keep up on the progress and not have to bug ya'll. I know how everything has been going but I wanted to extend an invitation to Thanksgiving down here, I know it is a pretty slim chance and don't expect ya'll but wanted you guys to know you are welcome if you feel like a drive. We are all doing ok, Mike or as I like to call him, pinhead, returned to Texas about 2 weeks ago and has been a total pain ever since, we have court Nov. 6th, day after my birthday, happy birthday to me :( Other than that I have been buried in school stuff and almost never coming up for air, except now for just a minute :) I will be checking in on the blog to see what’s going on, if you guys need anything, and I do mean anything!!! Please give us a call, my cell is 210-213-9404 and Chris' 210-259-6826. You guys are all in our prayers and I think about ya'll every day. Kim, I know you have to be exhausted by now, God bless your stamina!!! You have been great throughout this and I know you are the reason Jason is doing so well, keep up the awesome job! If you need anything, a babysitter (I have Mikey and can manage babies :), a maid, a cook, an errand runner, an appointment taker, please call, I can drop everything and leave if you need some help, just know I am here if need be. Can wait for the next post, love you all and thinking about you guys!!!

    Love,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason and Kim, press on!! Jason you look great with the short hair!

    I know it has to be a comfort to know you're able to see the finish line in all of this. My mom and I are both praying for you and mom says to tell you hi Jason. (She remembers you very well from her english class) Troy and I have discussed coming down to see you but figure you're pretty beat up and tired and never really know when a good time would be.

    Take care, get your rest (BOTH of you!) and get well Jason!

    Cya soon!
    Christopher

    oh Kim, great job on the blog. I've been following since you started it, so don't think we are not checking in.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete