Saturday, December 11, 2010

Post number 80

I am so sorry I have not updated this in over a week and Jason is in the hospital. Well here you go. I left last Saturday to come home and take care of Ronan. I did go visit last Tuesday and probably will go visit tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday. He has finally hit nadir (the lowest point your cells drop). His white blood count is 0.0, the only way to go from there is up! He started running a pretty high fever on Friday night and it has continued but has lessend slightly to a pretty constant 100.8. That will happen when you have no immune system. They have him on an arsenal of anitbiotics, anti fungals, antivirals, so hopefully something will work until his white blood cells recover. They are giving him platelets and red blood cells as needed so if you are in the Houston area and can donate blood to MDAnderson please do in Jason's name. His mom is staying with him since Im home taking care of Roo and things here. He seems to be doing pretty good as far as having this treatment goes. Like I said before its alot less harsh than last time but still harsh. He is still having problems with nausean and I think at last count he is on 4 different nausea meds that work most of the time, except you know when he moves. I think the only thing thats going to help with this is time for his stomach to heal and for less meds to be going in him. He seems to be in good spirits, is ready to be home, and working hard to get home before Christmas. Ronan and I are taking a side trip up to Arkansas to visit my sister, her husband, and my nieces. We will do a little mini Christmas up there than its back here to finish up Christmas prep and get the house ready for hopefully Jason coming home! Prayer request today ( or tonight rather) please let whatever infection that is causing J this problem to resolve quickly! All prayers Welcomed! Kimmy
Oh PS. If you are on my Christmas Card list they will get to you eventually but you just might have a Christmas card in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment