Thursday, January 2, 2014

Waiting is the worse part....

So, here I was thinking I got to put this blog away except for the occasional updates. Well, hopefully that is still in the plans. We went in on December 19th for Jason to have his six month scans, the results came back that there was something in his gluteal muscle that was there six months ago but has grown a couple of millimeters in the past six months. Imagine our surprise because it has been three years post transplant and this is the best Jason has looked in five years. Drs. Tannir and Nieto decided to do a biopsy that was done last Friday. Almost two weeks after the news we will get some answers. Now this cyst, nodule, whatever can be just about anything so literally all we can do so wait. Jason's tumor markers are still in he normal range and to my control freak self have only risen a tiny bit. It was crazy hearing that news when we expected to be elevates to the survivorship clinic for yearly scans. Neither Jason or I cried because frankly I think we were and still are in shock. It was a blow because after three years of moving on I had forgotten how to deal with news like that. We lived under constant strain for so long it had become just normal. And then we had a chance to become a new normal for us and then this. Oh well, enough of a pity party. I did not tell y'all that I got a parttime job on top of school and being a mom and wife. Strangely enough I love it. It's actually a release to go to work. I also have amazing coworkers who rallied around me and offering whatever I needed to see this thing through with Jason. God puts the people you need by you when you need them. In Houston it was the wonderful ladies of the bravos crossing sweet Adeline's and here it's my coworkers at Starbucks. In other news the spring semester is getting ready to start up, it's my FINAL semester as an undergrad. It has been a long crazy journey but it will be done! Jason is enrolling again and has said no matter what he will be attending. And Ronan will be stArting a new school. Jason and I felt that an older teacher would have more experience dealing with and AdHD kiddo. Btw, Ronan was diagnosed with ADHD, just like his dad. Lol. He is doing fantastic on his medicine though and is excelling at school. Well the we are in a nutshell. I really shouldn't stay away so long, look what happens! As always prayers welcomed, Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment