Saturday, August 21, 2010

CCU....

So you know the post is not so much fun when I really did not even want to write one.....Last night at about 11pm they decided to move Jason to the Critical Care Unit (aka ICU). He was having a very hard time breathing, his blood gasses were low, he was/is so tired and weak from not sleeping, is still having an elevated heart rate, amongst some other problems. I was torn between staying with him and going home for a few days to see Ronan. Jason made up my mind for me when at a time what he was saying wasn't making much sense but as cleas as day he said "Go home and take care of our son!" So I did. Luckily J's Mom came up and is staying with him. I needed a bit of a break and Ronan needed so reassurance that he still had a Mommy and Daddy. I also think J's Mom really wanted/needed a little time to baby J. I did go up and see him for a few minutes today. He is a tiny bit better. They took him off of a NOn Rebreather oxygen mask (allows for higher oxygen concentration) and put him on the nasal cannula. His heart rate is still elevated but it will do that under times of acute stress (aka having a difficult time breathing!) They did not like the fact that his blood gasses are still low. They did transfuse a unit of Redblood cells and 2 units of platelets to try to help him with breathing and stop his random bleeding respectively. The cultures did come back positive of pneumonia so luckily he was already started on those meds yesterday. Thats about all I have to report because thats about alll that was passed to me. I will update as soon as I know more. For all my Austin Peeps! My family so far is organizing a garage sale on September 4th from 8-3pm at 6711 Manchaca Rd (South Austin Church of the Nazarene) Come out and shop!!!

Please pray for Jason to over come the pneumonia and the cocci infection and be able to go back to the regular floors quickly. Also please for strength for Ronan and myself. Prayers Welcomed! Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment