Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day -2, -1, and O!!!

Well as of about 10:30 this morning it is Jason New BIRTHDAY!!! THis means that Jason got his stem cell rescue today. They say that this day is a day of rebirth for Jason. He is now leaving his old life behind and embarking hopefully on a Cancer Free One. The past couple of days have been steadily getting more rough on Jason and myself. He has been very nauseated and they have given him pheneragan, zofran, and are now on to reglan( this medicine makes me hallucinate yucky!) in hopes of getting it under control. His throat is sore and they have started him on a morphine pump. They have also started him on IV nutrition vitams, electrolytes, and lipids(for energy). The lipids are pretty disgusting, its like a white milky substance hanging there. I think they should have just melted some butter in put in a bag...He is getting most of his medicines IV to cut back on how much he has to swallow. For the past two days he has not eaten enough to feed an anorexic ballerina...Im glad they are ontop of the nutrition. We got a visit from the wound ostomy nurse because some lacerations that J had prior and healed to this chemo have opened back up...We now have some medicine for that. I did get him up and about to walk once today. I am going to force him to go to an exercise class tomorrow afternoon. He needs to socialize as well as get out of the bed. Ronan is in Austin and he is coming home on Friday morning. I cannot tell you how much J and I have missed the little guy. I know he has had a blast though. HMMM what else The stem cells are in a preservative that when administered smells like cream corn!!! So now J reeks of cream corn. I did not particulary care for it before, but I will probably never eat it again now. Hopefully this wears off by tomorrow. J is resting in the bed, the nurse just came in and gave him the reglan...I guess its working since he is snoring. I was asked to go to the discharge class and learned what I have to do at home. Its a long list!!! Its okay, it will just entail a lot of charts! They said that Jason will be at a greater risk of infection for up to a year after Transplants. Oh, I was asked today to tell the difference between regular and tandem transplants. Well a regular transplant most likely for Lymphoma or Leukemia means that the person has acheived remission and is undergoing transplant to stay that way. In Jason's case he is undergoing tandem transplants because he has/had active Cancer in his body. I hope that clears things up alittle. I am falling asleep. Prayers Welcomed!!! Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment