Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Because one mobility impaired person in the family is not enough...

We had a fantastic garage sale! Thank you Austinites!!! Thank you for the donation of items and for coming and buying. Also a huge thanks to Uncle Kenny and gang for the selling hotdogs and keeping the workers fed. The weather on Saturday was perfect, could not have planned for better. So as for the title. Well for those who actually know me, know how entirely graceful I am so it might come as a big surprise that I did a faceplant in the parking lot. Shocking I know. So I now have a very sprained ankle ( it comes with its own multicolored decorations) and a bruised knee. To top that off, when I thought I was in the shade, I was apparently roasting the inside of my leg. I have a wonderful air brace shaped burn line and have sunburned the leg so bad it has blistered. Go me! Its not comfortable in the slightest.
Now on to Jason. I went and saw him this afternoon ( I am staying at home a bit more to get the house ready for when he can come home). He looks so much better, he sounds like Jason, however his hands are peeling from the chemo and it looks really bizarre. He is still not up and walking yet but he is sitting more on the side of the bed. I think that physical therapy needs to come in twice a day to work with him. Im going to email and find out if this is possible. He is very ready to come home and this is what is holding him back. He is eating but unfortunately everything he eats does not taste the way its supposed to. I brought him in a slice of chocolate cream pie , he took one bite and said it tasted like charcoal. Of course it didnt but thats how off his tastes buds are. Although one does wonder when he has tasted charcoal. I plan on staying home tomorrow and working on the house. Everything takes 5 times longer because of the ankle. Jason has requested I bring him homemade meatloaf, mash potatoes, and Italian Wedding Soup. I suppose I will be taking those up on Thursday.
Ronan is awesome! Its great because you are beginning to be able to have more of a conversation with him. At the garage sale he was telling people hello and just having a ball. Thats about all for now. Today's prayer requests is for added physical therapy for Jason to help him be able to rebuild strength faster. Prayers Welcomed!!! Kimmy

1 comment:

  1. Kim

    My name is Michelle Tafoya and I am a friend of Jessica Baldonado. She told me a little about what your family is going through and I want you to know you are all in my prayers.

    My mom had breast cancer so I know the ups and downs you may be experiencing and if you ever need someone to talk to about anything, ask Jessica to give you my phone number. You are welcome any time.

    My prayers and best wishes for you, Jason and your son.

    I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you... it is from the Daily Word I receive from Unity.

    www.unity.org

    Healing - John 16:24 - Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.

    "I am energized with perfect life"

    True healing goes beyond the physical. It extends beyond the mending of a broken bone to the mending of a broken spirit. Deep healing requires that I release fear - release regret, worry, doubt and judgment - and embrace forgiveness.

    True healing starts in the silence, where I experience the healing power of the Divine - the healing presence of Spirit. It is there that I connect with the essence of my being - the perfection of all that I am.

    Centered in divine love, I allow peace and joy to rise up in me. I am healed at all levels. Attuned to Christ consciousness, I know that all is in order right here, right now. Anchored in the love of God, I am perfect health, perfect wholeness.

    God bless you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete