Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not feeling creative at the moment....

Today was September 1. Jason has now been in the hospital for 3 weeks. Wow...so much has happened. The good news is he ate about a 1/3 of a bowl of cream of wheat at breakfast and a bowl of mac and cheese at dinner. Thats more food than he has had in the past 15 or so days. Physical therapy came in and did some strength training on his legs and arms. Occupational therapy came in and made him bathe as much of himself as he could. He needs to start asserting some independence. Tomorrow they will put him on the tilt table again. I asked him after he got snippy with me about doing his breathing exercises if he really thought he was trying his hardest at getting up and going. At first he said he did , then he said no that he could try harder. We had a talk today and I told him that the only thing keeping him here now was himself. That I couldnt make him walk, eat, and drink. I would do if for him in a sec if I could but this stretch is all about determination. I think tomorrow he will try to push himself a little more. I can understand how easy it is to get down when you are stuck in the same room for all this time. I suppose its just one of those days for him. On the other hand he got to see Ronan yesterday and both were very happy about that. Ronan was cutie as usual giving hugs and blowing kisses to the nurses as he left the floor. Tomorrow I am going up to Austin for a few days to help with the benefit garage sale. I feel really guilty leaving J, but everyone keeps assuring me it's okay to leave him here. I suppose we both are just ready to be out of the hospital. Dont fret, Im not as down as this post sounds, just as usual I have a lot of stuff on my mind. Prayers Welcomed! Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment