Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin...........

Alright, so for those on facebook know that yesterday Jason made it from his bed to the wheelchair!!! He did a lap around the nursing pod. Wahoo. He did it again today and even started pulling himself along with his feet. Hopefully there will be a discharge date of next week. Ronan and I are so ready for him to be home. His spirits are lifting and Im sure that has to do with him being able to get around a bit more. As for the home front myself and my family are working on decluttering, reorgainzing the house. That is almost complete, then its on to the "deep cleaning". I only have til MOnday to get this done because the steam cleaner/air duct/ tile cleaner people will be coming. Nothing makes me more productive than the last minute! Also to top everything off, the master cylinder and slave cylinder have decided to caput in my car. Thats car talk for my clutch goes to the floor and wont come back up and it wont come out of neutral. The good news is that when I took it in apparently there was a recall item on it and that will be fixed and of course they kindly remind you that the timing belt needed to be changed at 90000. Oh well what can you do. However I will vent for just a second. Mr. Service counter guy is it really necessary to act like I dont know anything about cars? Here is how the converstation went. Daddy and I were sweating because we had to tow the car to the dealership and well Daddy's back was hurting him so my one legged gimpiness got on the ground to hook up the cars. When we got to the dealership one of the service guys told my Dad that there was water in the fridge. Daddy goes to get us one. While this is happening Mr. Service Counter guy asks me whats wrong with my car. I tell him that the clutch decompresses to the floorboard and wont come back up unless you pick it up and that the car will not shift out of neutral. His reply "Is it a standard or automatic?" Im laughing on the inside because in automatics one doesnt decompress the clutch themself. But I reply " Standard." He looks at me bewildered and says "You drive a standard?" To which I reply " Oh no I cant. Maybe thats whats wrong with it." Unfortunately he was one of those guys who did not quite cotton on to my sarcasm. The car is in the shop and they are going to fix it I suppose that is all that really matters. Then after this is fixed I can take it to go get the body work done from the wreck we had in April! Oh the fun of automobiles. Funny Ronan story, we were watching cartoons and the character on TV wanted to take their little sister back to the "baby store". Ronan then asked me if he could go to the baby store, he wants a little sister. My reply, "YOu'll have to share your toys with her." He says "No, I dont want to go then." I love my lil guy. I go up to see Jason tomorrow,then its back home on Saturday to clean! Continued prayers for Jason's improvement. Prayers Welcomed! Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment