Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Woo D Woo!!!

Sorry I havent updated in a week. I took a break and went with my Mom, Dad, Sister, and Roo up to see my other Sister and celebrate our niece turning two!!! It was fun. Little Rock is actually very pretty, however I dont think Arkansas agreed with my allergies in the slightest. Now on to the crazy important news. J WALKED!!! He is using the parallel bars and they lock one leg while he swings the other but he is up and walking. Today he made it three "laps" on the bars. They want him proficient on his walker before they send him home. He needs to be able to get around the house walking. Our house is just not built for a wheelchair. He could get in the door and move around the house but the wheelchair will not fit through the door to our bathroom. Ronan and I went up today and ate lunch with him. He is looking so much better. Most of the water weight is off! He is left with a ton of stretch marks on his belly. I told that was okay, he could match me. I had Ronan and he had a water baby! We are very excited and I am so proud of him. He has come a long way in a very short time. Tomorrow we should be finding out if we get to keep the discharge date of this Friday (which is October 1st by the way...where did September go?) I hope we do. We all miss him and want him home. I got the paperwork to get him a handicap placard and the physician signed the waiver for the compassion clause for filing for SSD/SSI that waives the six month waiting period. This is good news. When J gets out I have a couple family things planned like going to the pumpkin patch and making some yard stones. I think we might be celebrating mine and Jason's four year anniversary and Halloween early this year if he has to go back in for the second round of transplant. Oh well, no complaints here! I love me some candy!!! Oh go check out my sisters' and my ETSY store. Go to google type in buttonworks designs and we should be number one on the search!!!! Prayers Welcomed!!! Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment